Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What's your pledge?

** As of 1/23/13 I have scheduled an interview for future employment. My research and the website will be still continue and published as it was meant to be, but at a slower rate. The idea of doing it independently for income was not working fast enough. Please view previous or new posts to see why. Ultimately, it was a dicey game to play.


For the next year, I will access and research any way to earn income online, and never spend a penny on gas for work. I will not work for anyone single person or company, nor do I plan to spend much money in the process. All of my work will be not only independent, but chronicled using social media. I will explore every facet that is available online that anyone person can utilize -- regardless of skill, background, or demographic. After the one year is complete, I will be launching a free website (already purchased) that will publish all of this information at no cost to the public. I do not want any charities, handouts -- nothing. This will be a free service to everyone that not only gives away all of my research and experiences for no cost what so ever, but will hopefully compile a side database of state and federal aid of any kind that is for anyone to have as well.

Americans can't even get to work, let alone find a job. And rural Mainers know this best. But it seems like the common denominator is that we all can stay connected to the net.

Is this working for me?

So far, barely; I am keeping my house warm, bills paid, and my family fed. But if I didn't believe one hundred percent that not only I, but everyone else who just reads what I am researching will benefit in some way, shape, or form, then I wouldn't even risk my families well being. So far I have saved over 210$ in gas, and have made slightly more than minimum wage.

I am sticking to it. I am giving my information out as I go, enough to hopefully help even in just a little bit before the year is over, and the website will be compete.

What exactly am I researching?

1. Any method available that requires little to no skill or zero start up cost.
2. Employment trends, work force timelines, and anything unconventional.
3. Social media statistics.
4. History, terms, and trends of anything internet marketing and e-commerce.
5. The good, the bad, and the down right ugly world of internet marketing and e-commerce.

And much more.

Why am I doing this?

For the last four years, I have driven to five cities to work from my home here in Porter, ME, that has averaged a round trip of 58.8 miles. Some are fortunate, but most have it worse off. I am not only sick of paying gas money, but having to work for anyone person. I hope even before I publish the public site, that whatever information I am sharing at the time can help anyone -- regardless of their situation in life. And maybe, this can inspire others to pass it along.

This is what I am doing, so I guess my question is, what is your pledge? Do some kindness, and truly offer some good that can benefit anyone person in anyway, shape, or form.

Follow me on twitter @ydrive2work or facebook.com/y.drive.2.work.

No comments:

Post a Comment